I've pondered on this a lot over the years.
Am I bisexual? I identify as such - I like having sex with men and women after all - but is that all there is to it?
I almost never look at a guy on the street and think "he's hot", but do maybe several times a day with women. But then seeing naked or scantily clad bodies, like the swimming at this year's Olympics, I'm equally drawn.
Does this just mean that men's clothing is simply far less flattering than women's? But it's not just the clothed/naked body - I'll often see a girl and think she's facially very pretty, but far less often with guys (almost never).
Yes, I know about the Kinsey scale and people will lean more one way than the other, but I've always felt that my attraction to men is completely physical - body physical, not facially or emotionally. Would I be incapable of having an emotional relationship with a guy? I've had an almost equal number of male partners to female and only once I ever even entertained the idea of a boyfriend. That was one guy who I fucked (actually he fucked me) a few times over a weekend while I was single after my divorce. We'd met online, he came round to my place a few times, said he was bi and recently split with his GF - but after the weekend he messaged me and said he was back with his ex and it'd all been a silly mistake. I surprised myself by the Sunday that I was imagining scenarios where I was introducing him to friends etc. But that was the only time I ever considered a male partner. Is it because the majority of my male sexual encounters were literal one night stands who I never saw again?
I don't think I'd have an issue socially with having a male partner, anyone who had a problem with it I simply would have disconnected from (neither of my parents are still alive; I don't know what my dad's opinion would have been but my mum outright told me that she wouldn't care at all if I was gay). Infact I came out to all of my close friends in the months after splitting from my ex, partly because I was anticipating the possibility of a boyfriend and wanted to avoid surprises if I turned up to a party etc with a guy in tow.
But then there's the question of gender identity. As I've mentioned before, I do enjoy wearing girlie clothes and feeling feminine. I don't want a sex change or to live as a woman (though have regular dreams about being one) but I do recognise that a part of my bi side relates to my desire to be treated like a woman. Being picked up at a gay club and taken home to be fucked by a more dominant guy is probably the best memory I have from my period of singleness after my ex wife. Do I lust for the male anatomy just to satisfy my female side?
I've read about the Kinsey Scale, the Klein Orientation grid and Parks' Purple/Red Scale of Attraction. Bejamin's scale attempts to address trans sexuality, but there doesn't seem to be a complete, unifying scale/system/whatever to clasify my feelings. I'm a (I think) bisexual man who leans more towards women, but with a guy I want to *be* the female side of the equation rather than just a man having sex with a man. The crossdressing just adds to that - makes me feel more feminine - but male sex for me is about being passive, a little dominated.
So the next question is: does it matter? Whether I'm bi or just a pretty much straight guy who likes the male body (in particular the cock) - does it matter?
To a certain extent yes, to me it does. After my teens and wrestling with my feelings about guys, finally accepting (and then feeling comfortable) with the label "bi", and then in recent years wondering if there's even more to it that that? I guess it's that part of me that wants to know "where I belong", to not feel like I'm on my own. Sure there are trans folk, gay folk, bi... I've just never met anyone "just like me". I'd love to - and not just for sex!
No comments:
Post a Comment